StarCraft 2 Single-Player Campaign Preview - For our latest preview, we’ve climbed aboard the Hyperion to give you a sneak peak at some of the features that will be available within the single-player campaign for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. Come aboard and learn more about Mercenaries, the Armory, and the Laboratory.
During key points in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty single-player campaign, various characters will grant you access to purchasable units and upgrades. These unique enhancements can be found within the Armory, Cantina, and Laboratory aboard the Hyperion. Each of these locations provides its own unique set of gameplay options, such as hiring specialized mercenaries and purchasing tech, building, and unit upgrades.
After earning enough credits by completing missions, you’ll be able to purchase a wide array of upgrades.
Rory Swann runs the show in the Armory, and he's constantly working on new technology that becomes available as you progress through the terran campaign. After earning enough credits by completing missions, you’ll be able to purchase a wide array of upgrades that can enhance your base, infantry, vehicles, and much more. These each have two available upgrade options, and you can purchase both if you save up enough credits.
Here's a sneak peek at what an Armory Infantry upgrade may look like.
* Stimpack: Grants the marine higher attack and movement speed at the cost of health.
* Combat Shield: Increases the marine's overall health.
* Advanced Medic Facilities: Removes the tech lab add-on requirement for training medics.
* Stabilizer Med Packs: Allows medics to heal faster using less energy per heal.
* Incinerator Gauntlets: Grants the firebat a wider flame attack while maintaining the same intensity as before.
* Juggernaut Plating: Increases the firebat's armor by reinforcing the unit's helmet and chest pieces.